Jul 15, 2011

iPhone Mapping


Since OpenPaths it is widely known that the iPhone constantly tracks your location. The video by Michael Kreil shows the movements of 880 different iPhones in Europe that have been analyzed for the month of April 2011.

Michael Kreil:

The funny thing is that we don't have any goals. Because it started somehow with a scientific project. It started first when I analyzed my own iPhone tracking database. And I made a small heat map of Germany and all the places I've been to. And someone else on Twitter posted his database and so I took his data and visualized it too as a heat map of Germany. Then I had the idea that it would be interesting to take these two databases - his and mine - and to measure for example, at which time and which places we've been quite close to each other.

So far, they have several hundred sets.

More Info and full Interview with Michael Kreil here.

No comments: